PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A PRE-LAUNCH NOTIFICATION. THE FORMAL BOOKING PLATFORM WILL BE OPEN FOR REGISTRATIONS LATE MARCH 2018. IN THE INTERIM TO NOTE YOUR INTEREST PLEASE EMAIL CHRIS@ETHICALFINANCEHUB.ORG
|Islamic Finance – An Ethical Alternative||3 days*||Edinburgh||25th June – 27th June 2018||
|The Ethical Finance and Investment Paradigm||2 days*||Edinburgh||28th June – 29th June 2018||
*10% discount for registering on both courses
**20% discount for academics and 40% discount for students
Drop in options are available for local participants only
This positive convergence of ethical and Islamic finance, coupled with the demand from a wide range of industry stakeholders keen to develop their knowledge and understanding in these overlapping areas, has led the EFH to develop this unique and flexible executive education summer course offering.
Despite the remarkable recent growth of ethical and Islamic finance there remain few academic or professional courses that provide practically-focused pragmatic training.
Whether you are a professional, academic or student, with limited or no knowledge of ethical or Islamic finance, looking for an introduction or; you have some experience and require a more detailed understanding, our courses aim to build your capacity and encourage your organisation to play a role in meeting present day needs without compromising those of future generations.
- Two distinct courses focused on ethical and Islamic finance running concurrently within the same week
- Designed and led by international practitioners with additional industry experts providing insights and case studies
- As part of our commitment to raising awareness, building capacity and financial inclusion our highly competitive rates represent genuine value for money
- Course fees include lunch, refreshments and an exclusive networking dinner with leading industry experts
- Option to participate in a guided tour of scenic Edinburgh
The Ethical Finance and Investment Paradigm – 2 day
This 2 day intensive practical Course is designed for professionals across the business spectrum looking for an insight into ethical finance. Whilst the industry is full of acronyms, “ethical finance” is used here as a generic all-encompassing umbrella term to represent a wide range of financial tools, including socially responsible investing; environmental, social and governance; sustainable finance; and financial inclusion.
The Course – designed, developed and delivered by some of the UK’s leading practitioners – will introduce the concept of ethical finance, explore the key principles of sustainable banking and responsible investing before concluding with a session dedicated to impact investing.
This detailed programme will be released in the coming weeks and the course will be led by Julian Parrot (Ethical Futures / EFH) with specialist industry insights shared by Amanda Young (Aberdeen Standard Investments), Fran Van Dijk (UN SDG specialist, One Stone Advisors) and Thom Kenrick (RBS).
Islamic Finance – An Ethical Alternative – 3 day
This 3 day intensive practical Course – designed and developed by the UKIFC, global leaders in Islamic finance capacity building – will begin with a comprehensive introduction to Islamic finance, its ethical foundations, core structures, and creation of Islamic banking products. It will then offer practical guidance in creating enabling regulatory frameworks, particularly within a secular context, before exploring the nuances of Shariah compliant asset management. The Course concludes with a session focused on the legal, mechanics and trends within Islamic finance real estate transactions.
This detailed programme will be released in the coming weeks and the course will be led by Omar Shaikh (UKIFC / EFH) with specialist industry insights shared by Richard de Belder (former Head of Islamic Finance at Dentons LLP) and Nadeem Haq (UKIFC internal audit expert).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Professionals, academics and students, with limited or no knowledge of Islamic or ethical finance, looking for an introduction or; someone with experience and requiring more detailed understanding, the courses aim to build your capacity and encourage your organisation to play a role in meeting present day needs without compromising those of future generations. The Courses will be of interest to those working in:
- Finance (banks, asset managers, insurance, pensions, IFA’s, social investors etc)
- Professional services (lawyer, accountants and consultants)
- Research agencies and academic institutions
- Charities, third sector and social enterprises
- Government, Local Government and associated bodies
- Faith groups / institutions
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Flexibility to attend one or both courses which are competitively priced
- Unique blended approach (to the course design and delivery) combining best-in-class industry and academic experts
- Develop your understanding of two key growth areas within global financial services
- Gain exposure to range of organisations and cultures involved in Islamic and ethical finance
- Learn from the personal insights shared by leading industry and academic practitioners
- Deepen your understanding of financial services institutions and markets
- Use your learning to help inform strategic decisions within your organisation (i.e. approach to research, product / market development, investments etc.)
- Grow your professional network through connecting with participants / speakers
- Course delivered in modern teaching space located in a beautiful parkland campus
- Course fees include all teaching materials, daytime catering and one networking dinner